We’re dedicated to helping individuals and families create a plan designed to comfortably and confidently achieve their goals without undergoing any sacrifices or needless risk. That’s why we developed a four-step planning process (click on graphic to get information on each step).
To view our full investment philosophy click here.
- The Assignment of Responsibility
- Investment Objectives
- Investment Horizon
- Risk Tolerance
- Asset Allocation Guidelines
- Liquidity Requirements
The process of deciding which types of investments will be allowed in the portfolio and how much money may be invested in each type. The two types of asset allocations are Strategic and Tactical
At Cleary Gull, our historical strength is in picking specific investment vehicles to meet each client’s unique financial objectives. That’s because we search the investment universe for managers that have proven and repeatable processes designed to deliver reliable results. And because we choose investment vehicles for a wide variety of clients, including pension plans, endowment funds and other wealthy individuals, we have our own in-house research program that helps us identify investments that can deliver cost-efficient results.
For more information, please reference our Investment Philosophy.
To help achieve the goal of maximizing your portfolio returns while minimizing your risk, we carry out fiduciary responsibility and complete due diligence on the investment managers and mutual funds we recommend; the steps we take include:
- Manager on-site visits
- Regular phone calls
- Review of ADV, Prospectus, Statement of Additional Information and other SEC filings
Most importantly, we monitor fund and manager performance on a continual basis to ensure that your investments are delivering the results you expect.
Meanwhile, as the point person for your relationship with Cleary Gull, your Relationship Manager (RM) is responsible for the ongoing monitoring and discussion of your financial goals and financial planning needs. They work in conjunction with your PM and to review your investment strategy and how it fits with your plan on a quarterly basis.
As a new client with Cleary Gull, the RM can help you:
1. Define Major Life Goals
2. Determine Acceptable and Ideal Goals
3. Prioritize Goals
4. “Stress Test” Goals (in conjunction with the PMs)
5. Create “In Balance” Plan
6. Execute Plan to Provide You with Comfort and Confidence
Monitoring and Reporting
- Online access to your portfolio
- Daily reconciliation of your holdings
- Quarterly market commentary webcast
- Quarterly account performance review, manager review and written investment commentary
- Market newsletter written by our Chief Investment Officer
- Customized tax reporting*
- Income tax withholding and payment*
*Cleary Gull does not provide legal or tax advice.