Senior Living Communities
Working with professionals dedicated to the not-for-profit senior living sector enables us to provide focused solutions unique to this industry. Our objective is to build investment portfolios that also optimize your returns and balance sheet structure.
After first developing a complete understanding of your situation, we work to integrate aspects of your business cycle with the investment process to manage your organization’s overall risk budget. We believe that this strategy is fundamental in working with you as a strategic partner.
Our institutional advisory team’s methodology focuses on four important aspects:
- Integrated Risk Budgeting
- Policy and Portfolio Construction
- Investment Outlook and Manager Research
- Measuring Outcomes and Investment Attribution
The result is a solution that purposely allocates your investment risks into your organization’s operating environment, capital structure, and required minimum rate of return.
Aspects we consider in formulating a risk budget for a senior living community include:
- Strategic plans, capital expenditures and financing needs
- Debt structure and cost of capital
- Financial ratios relative to bond covenants
- Operating budget and forecasts
- Payor mix and reimbursements
- Service utilization and trends
These considerations become the basis for forming your investment policy, allocating your assets, creating your risk management strategies, building your portfolio, and selecting your investments. Our customized performance reporting tools then enable us to evaluate and oversee the progress towards realizing the purpose of your assets.
Our approach is ongoing. Annual reviews and participation on planning and budgeting calls help to ensure the continued appropriateness of your investment strategies.